Wednesday, March 13, 2013

GORGO #20 OCTOBER 1964

We come now to issue #20 of GORGO, with a cover by Dick Giordano that appears, in my eyes, like a rejected splash page--even including a setup text at the top! Nevertheless, it's a fine illustration and it works well.
Montes and Bach have really come into their own with this issue and have fully embraced the character and honed their version enough to where I stopped thinking about Ditko's version and really started to enjoy the new look.
In fact,this rates as my personal favorite issue during the Montes & Bach tenure; the art is just plain out stellar through out the entire story.


































1 comment:

  1. I've really been enjoying these Gorgo stories. I really like the Montes and Bache artwork, it's possessed of a definite charm.

    Thanks for posting these.

    Rip Off

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...