Thursday, December 6, 2012

THE DITKO COVERS: A CHRONOLOGY PART TWO

Continuing our look at the 320 covers by Steve Ditko produced for Charlton, we enter in to where he begins his runs on some of his most well known titles. We see Ditko's first foray into the super hero genre with Captain Atom, and he also begins his unforgettable runs on both GORGO, and KONGA! In between, we have the usual mystery and sc-fi titles. Sometimes not his finest covers,other times quite brilliant---but always distinctly Ditko! We begin with MYSTERIES OF UNEXPLORED WORLDS #11, cover date January 1959, and continue through to KONGA #8 cover dated September 1962.











1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember so many of these. I was at the age where I bought every comic book I saw that had a monster or a spaceship on the cover. I never missed an issue of SPACE WAR, GORGO or KONGA.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...